Classes of hosting services
A hosting service refers to stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a server handled by a website hosting company. There are different forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a peek at them. In that way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you desire to run a blog, e-mail aliases, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by particular web hosts, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a particular amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is an entirely mistaken explanation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the workload between independent stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a disk space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some corporations provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a huge amount of images with comrades or associates since the service is generally free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your mailbox accounts. Some providers offer hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to keep an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video file will allow you to own as many video files as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a web site. To a certain extent, it incorporates all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and mail aliases, upload video files, etc. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting packages that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific content solely.